Sunday, November 11, 2012

NaNo Day WHO CARES, I'M DONE!!!

WOOHOO!!! DONE AT LAST!!!  Holy crap was that a harsh 11 days. 

So, yeah, I've finished the entire first draft of I Am Nobody now.  The first draft ended up at 86,696 words which is pretty respectable for a young adult novel.  I'll probably add and subtract a few thousand words throughout in later drafts, but the final word count will probably end up about the same.

So yeah, I just wrote the entire first draft of an entire freaking novel in 11 days.  My brain is completely fried and my hands hurt from all the typing. I'm thinking I'm not going to be doing this again anytime soon, hahaha.

If you'd like to read the first draft of I Am Nobody, you can find it either broken up by chapters or as one big file on my I Am Nobody Homepage

For a first draft, I think this one turned out pretty well.  I really enjoyed writing it, even through I did stray from my outline a bit in parts while writing it.  It's turned out awesomely, but for now, I'm taking a big, big break to recover from it before I head back to edit and start the process of getting it ready to try and sell to a publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment