Thursday, November 15, 2012

I Am Nobody Chapters 1&2 Draft 2

I've got two more chapters of the second draft of I Am Nobody finished up.  If you feel the great urge to check out the new and improved versions of chapters 1 and 2 you can find them on This Page.

Mostly what I'm doing is removing contractions, and finding better, clearer ways of wording things with these.  I've also added a few lines of description that was lacking, a few lines of dialog to clear things up, and a few other things.  Most of the dialog was pretty good, and only needed some mild tweaking.  A lot of the changes that are being made are in the other sections of the writing.  And again, this may seem like not much editing work completed, but it took me a good nine hours today to get it done.  I want each and every sentence to be perfect, and it takes a lot of time and a lot of messing around with the wording, countless times rereading it, tweaking a few words here and there to make it flow more smoothly, and reading it aloud to see how it sounds.  This is NOT easy work.  It takes a lot of time and patience, and requires a great love of the story and characters not to go insane while doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment