Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spires of Infinity Chapter 41

I've finished the first draft of Spires of Infinity Chapter 41 and you can download it at the bottom of this page.

In this chapter Gabriel and the Apostle's confrontation comes to a close with the Apostle redeeming herself. In the end it was not blades or guns that could defeat her, it was words. This is the Apostle of Cain's resolution/climax/whatever.

This is another chapter that was not in my original outline. I've changed the original ending I had planned because the things I had planned were a little unsatisfying, and left a lot of loose ends, and it didn't really have much of an ending for the Apostle's storyline at all. It also went against Gabriel's character too, and you should never make characters do things that they would never do. Plus, the Apostle had to fulfill the prophecy that Marce made, and I had originally planned that she would simply do that by purposely losing to Gabriel, which also goes against her character.

The first draft of this story is now at 150,014 words out of an estimated 160,000. And now I've passed up the 150k estimate as well. I still have Gabriel and Kari's climaxes and resolutions to throw in.

No comments:

Post a Comment