Thursday, March 4, 2010

Spires of Infinity Chapter 30

So I've been busy today. Three chapters in one day. I said I write faster when I get near the end and I wasn't joking. I've finished chapter 30 of the first draft of Spires of Infinity and it can be downloaded at the bottom of this page .

In this chapter Gabriel comes to terms with his sins with a little help from Kari and her message from Raven. One thing that you may notice here is that I have changed the message that Raven has given Kari to give to Gabriel. That is because it gets a little bit more of an emotional reaction from gabriel this way. When I go back through doing revisions on my second draft I'll be changing the message to match what I've put here.

Gabriel makes his big decision, and puts Sam at ease as to who his feelings are truly with. There is an army on the way, and Gabriel knows how to fix the sun without destroying the universe in a time paradox. Will he be able to do it before the Apostle arrives to take her revenge on Cain, and in so doing grant his deepest desire? Stay tuned, same bat time, same bat channel to find out.

With that we've basically gotten all of the talking and lovey dovey emotional stuff out of the way. There's one more chapter where GAbriel explains his plan, then it's basically all action from here on out. BWAAHAAHAA!!!

The first draft of this story is now at 105,867 words out of an estimated 135,000. I've raised my estimation for the length of the book because I'm definitely not going to finish it in another 14k words, that is definitely for sure. Possibly in another 30k, but possibly more than that as well. we'll see. There's still quite a bit that needs to happen. Check back soon for more. I'm sure that I'll be getting at least a chapter a day done until I've finished, if not more.

No comments:

Post a Comment