Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I Am Nobody Chater 19 Draft 2

And, after a sixteen hour day of sheer boredom, stiff limbs, and my freeloader brothers fetching hotpockets and drinks for me, I managed to finish two chapters today.  Both of which can be found at the bottom of this page.

And with this chapter I've broken 100,000 words.  My goal for the finished book is to keep it at or just under 100,000, so it definitely looks like I'll have some cutting to do in the next draft.  Mostly I just removed contractions from this chapter, and reworded things so that the lack doesn't sound awkward.  If you read pretty much any book (except ones by crap writers) you'll notice that they only use contractions in dialog.  That's because it looks more professional.  It does take some stretching sometimes to word things without them to make them sound natural though.

No comments:

Post a Comment