Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Spires of Infinity Prologue-Chapter 5 Draft 2

So, rather than make a blog post for every chapter of the second draft of Spires of Infinity, I figure I'll post chapters on my site in 5s. The prologue and the first five chapters of the second draft of Spires of Infinity can be found at the bottom of this page

I am an extremely critical person, especially of myself. I can rarely say with honesty that I've impressed myself with something that I've done, but I'm really impressed with how these first few chapters have turned out in this draft. I did an excellent job with them. I'm beginning to think that this story can be completed with only one more draft after this one to basically just check continuity, grammar and a few other minor things. I pretty much owe that to how well I did with the first draft.

These first few chapters contain most of the character introductions, and they needed quite a bit of tweaking. I think you'll find that there is a crapton more description and personality in the characters now as compared with before, and I've filled in a few gaps in the story that were left in the first draft, such as how the Apostle gained her powers. There is a lot more character develpement in these early chapters, as well as a lot more description. And the very best part is that I've managed to cut 600 words out of these chapters while improving them.

I've got a pretty good feeling about this story. If this doesn't get me published I don't know what will.

No comments:

Post a Comment