Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Exile Chapter 44 Rewrites

I've finished chapter 44 of the second draft of Exile and it can be downloaded at the bottom of this page.

holy freakin' crap, this chapter took all day long to write!!! I started at 10AM and just finished at 3AM, though I did take one or two (or more) breaks during that. Man, work is going to suck tomorrow, i'm going to be so dead tired haha. Although, i do have to say that it turned out pretty awesome. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but dang I thought up a really awesome new end to this story. This Chapter is told in four different viewpoints in three different locations, and picks up right where we left Mal, Silmera, Patrick, Lilia, Aaron and Anna, all locked in duels or battles. We see the resolution of all of these fights in this chapter, leaving only Fayt Nightfang's evil plots to be dealt with in the aftermath. Again, this chapter leaves off with a cliffhanger, and changes frequently between viewpoints in order to reinforce the feeling that things are moving faster and ramping up to something mind-blowingly huge, which they are.

The first draft of this story ended at 117,352 words.
The second draft is currently at 235,885 words.

I've now more than doubled the size of the first draft in the second, and there's still 4-5 more chapters to be written to finish things off. I estimate it will probably hit 260ish K when I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment