Wednesday, August 11, 2010

But then again...

So I was thinking I was going to do the next draft of Spires of Infinity next, buuuuuuut I've decided I might as well finish up Exile first. It really doesn't need too much more work before it's completed, maybe just 3 more drafts, which will go considerably faster than the second as I've pretty much written out most of what needs to be written. THere are a few chapters that need to be written still, but those will not take too long, and then the rest of the edits are very minor until I reach the last draft where I chop it down to size, and it only took me 3 weeks to cut 100k words out of Beyond the Lost Horizon. I bet I can be done with Exile completely by the end of the year at the latest, and then I can turn my full attention to finishing Spires, which does NOT need the complete overhaul that Exile did so it should go pretty fast when I get to it. I think I can prolly be done with both by this time net year. It will be awesome to be done with these two projects so I can look ahead to a new one.

I have two potential stories to write after these two are finished. The first will be the next one in the storyline of Spires of Infinity, which I'm calling The Path for the moment, though that may change. The other will be a pretty long series, called Splitplane Saga, I'm still working out just the storyline of the first book in that series at the moment, though I do know how the series will end. The end was actually the part I thought of first. I'm kinda leaning toward that one more, just because it's such an intriging idea to me. The first book will be called The War of Echoes, and once I get the storyline all brainstormed out it will probably be the most epic and original thing I've ever attempted to write. Although, I may have to save that one until I get a book or two published though, because it's going to be epically long as well as just plain epic.

Anyway, I've already stared work on Draft 3 of Exile. I will not be posting chapter by chapter this time around. I probably will not be doing that until I'm working on the final. Anyway, the biggest changes that you might notice in draft 3 are a couple chapters of Fayt Nightfang earlier in the book to basically intorduce the bad guy earlier in the story so he doesn't just come out of nowhere 2/3 of the way through. And of course there will be a few chapters of Patrick and Weasel and their war against the Samirreh. Their subplot will not be a very big addition, but it needs to be there so that you know who they are and why you care about what happens to them in the end. Other changes will include work on grammar and paragraph structure, and adding of more descriptive writing to chapters that were new to draft 2. I'll post little updates as I continue with the Draft to say how it's going, and possibly the manuscript on my webite when it's completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment