Monday, November 6, 2017

NaNo Day 6

Did 6390 words today, which brings my total up to 25,485.  I'm over halfway there, and it's only day 6.  Woohoo.  The total manuscript is currently at 51537 words, since I did have around 26k already written before the start of November.  It's looking like this book is going to end up right on target between 80k and 90k words.  I've got just a couple more chapters before I start gearing up for the climax, a huge battle scene, followed by some funky time travel mischief.  Which is kind of the opposite order from the original version of this story, but I figured it worked better with the new version to swap them, since I have cut out nearly half the cast.  There's nothing I need those cast members to be doing while the ones I kept are off saving the universe.  Anyway, it looks like I'm definitely going to finish NaNo this year.   So yay for that.  Tomorrow is my normal day off, so I'll try to knock out another big chunk then too.

No comments:

Post a Comment