Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Exile Chapter 42 Rewrites

I've finished the second draft of Exile Chapter 42 (finally) and it can be downloaded at the bottom of this page.

There's a lot of stuff that happens in this chapter. If feels kind of rushed to me, and will probably be expanded in teh next draft, though it might just be because I haven't done much of building up Patrick's storyline in this darft that did it to me. I intend to expand the storyline of him and Weasel to be an ongoning sort of thing throughout the book in the next draft, and it kinda feels like I just sort of dumped it on you here. Also, remember, that though this is hte second draft of this book, this is really the first draft of this chapter, it still needs a lot of work before it's fully completed. There are still a lot of holes in it and not just those having to do with Patrick.

Anyway, we find that Fayt Nightfang is plotting revenge against both the Four Kingdoms and the Samirreh. We also find out what Silmera's lifetime of servitude has earned her with the Heretics. A lot of fighting gets started as time begins to run out.

As I've said before, in order to mix things up and make it feel like things are speeding up, I've started to switch rapidly between viewpoints and locations, and I've given you two characters' viewpoints that you've previously not had in this draft. This chapter takes place in 4 separate viewpoints in 3 separate locations.

The first draft of this story ended at 117,352 words.
The second draft is currently at 226,503 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment