Friday, December 7, 2012

I Am Nobody Chapter 5 Draft 2

'Tis the season to be disgruntled...

So, as you probably know, it's December.  I know, it creeps up on you fast, doesn't it?  It's the ninja of the months.  And December, if you were not aware, is the absolute worst month ever to work for the Post Office during.  All the extra mail from Christmas cards, stores sending out ads for their Christmas sales, and the packages.  Oh the packages.





This leaning tower of packages that you see before you is eight feet high, six feet long, and three feet wide, and contains one hundred and seventy nine packages.  And keep in mind that my route is 2/3 the size of a normal route.  On any normal day, I'll have 20 tops.

Anywho, I've had a mountain of packages at LEAST that big every single day since Thanksgiving.  And THAT, my friends, is why it's been two weeks since I got around to editing another chapter of I Am Nobody.

I finally got myself a day off here, and so I took seven hours and worked on The Second Draft of Chapter 5 of I Am Nobody.

Edits made to this chapter include a fleshing out of the Ethereal Realm, and more of what makes it different from the Physical Realm, and a general fleshing out of the powers and duties of Grim Reapers.

And, last of all, I finally broke down and, as a Christmas present to myself, upgraded from Microsoft Word '97 to Microsoft Word 2010, the latest version.  Therefore all further chapters will be posted in the 2010 format of .doc, which should be readable on any older versions of MS Word, and programs like Open Office etc, except for a few, minor formatting issues.  

No comments:

Post a Comment