Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Book Review: Dune by Frank Herbert

I'm almost finished with my Wheel of Time retrospective, and my employers have received so many positive comments about it that they have asked me to start another one.  This time around I'm going into Sci-Fi territory with the original Dune series (excluding all books written by Frank Herbert's son Brian, and Kevin J. Anderson, except the 2 books written from the outline Herbert left when he died of Dune 7)  So, if you'd like to check out the beginning of my Dune Retrospective, you can do so by clicking here.

Dune is a book that really, for the first time, showed people that Science Fiction CAN be a respectable genre, and many of the sci-fi tropes and series that we take for granted today owe their very existence to Frank Herbert's Dune for paving the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment