Tuesday, December 27, 2022

What a gawd-awful year in Streaming "entertainment"

I'll bet nothing this year could possibly be worse than Wheel of Time.
 
Boba Fett said, "I'll take that bet."
 
Halo said, "I'll raise you Master Chief's constantly bare booty, free swinging dong, and inability to wear his signature helmet."
 
Cowboy Bebop said, "I've got a live action version of Radical Edward, and don't understand what made our source material any good."
 
Foundation said, "Source material?  What's that?  I literally do not understand the term." 
 
Hawkeye said, "I'm not even about Hawkeye."
 
Master's of the Universe: Revelation said, "You call that sucking? Let me show you how to REALLY suck."
 
Obi-Wan Kenobi said, "Hold my beer."
 
Then She Hulk said, "hold my box wine."
 
Then Rings of power said, "hold MY mead."
 
Then Willow said, "y'all are amateurs, all y'all can step back and hold MY mysterious potion that sent the evil queen Bavmorda to the realm of eternal darkness."
 
And then Witcher: Blood Origin came out and is legitimately worse than every one of them.
 
And that's not even counting the ones I didn't bother to watch because I had no interest in them like Moon Knight and Ms. Marvel.
 
If this is the quality of streaming shows these days, I see no reason to pay for ANY of the streaming services out there. I'll keep my money. I'm done spending it on this trash.
 
This has been one of the absolute worst years in entertainment of all forms in my entire 43 years of life. It may actually be THE worst year. There has been nothing but garbage. Even the stuff that was kind of okay, was only kind of okay by comparison to the rest, rather than actually being good in itself. I think the only legitimately good pieces of media that came out of Hollywood this year were Top Gun, and maybe Bullet Train and Violent Night. The entertainment industry as a whole needs a severe wake up call. 
 
Japanese and Korean stuff was great though. And a few Indie video games.

No comments:

Post a Comment