Wednesday, January 27, 2021

And people say masks don't work...

So, for the last year or so, I've been wearing a mask at all times in public.  I'm a mailman.  I can't avoid interacting with people, as hard as I try not to.  As much as I strongly radiate the "I really don't want to talk to you, please go away" vibe, there's always someone who can't take a hint.  But I have a pretty heavy duty mask that I wear at work or whenever I need to go to the store.

It's been about a year now.  I haven't gotten Covid.  But I also haven't gotten any other sickness.  I normally get sick 3-4 times a year, ranging from minor colds to strep throat.  It's an added bonus to working a job where you come into contact with a lot of people.  Anyone who works in customer service probably knows exactly what I'm talking about.  But, this last year, I haven't been sick once.  Not one single time.  

You see all these people screaming about their rights, and how masks don't work, and oh, I can't breathe with it on, or some other BS like that.  Well.  There's some proof for you that they work.  I haven't gotten Covid, despite working through the entire year coming into close contact with people on a daily basis.  And I haven't gotten any other sickness from it either.  Also, my heavy duty mask filters out allergens, so I had the most amazing, nearly allergy free summer last year.  I kind of want to wear it at work for the rest of my life now.  I can deal with less impactful allergies, and never getting sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment