Tuesday, June 25, 2019

IT'S DONE!!!!! IT'S FINALLY FREAKING DONE!!!!!

Soooooooooo, I'm finally finished with Spires of Infinity.  It's done.  It's finished.  It's ready for me to start trying to pimp it out to publishers and agents.  If you're so inclined, you can find it at the bottom of this page.  It's the one that says "Spires of Infinity Rewrite - Full Final Draft", as opposed to the one that says "SpiresOfInfinity FinalDraft" in case anyone gives a crap and wants to make comparisons.

I feel that the new version of this book is far, FAR superior to the original.  This final draft, in particular, added 15k words in various places, with several large additions, a few changes to dialog, and about 4000 smaller changes that no one but me will ever really notice.  I am just so incredibly glad to be done with this.  This last draft felt like even more work than writing the original draft, and it was pretty soul-crushing.  It just took so much time to get anything done with it, that it felt like I wasn't making any progress at all for months.  But it's finally, FINALLY done.  I am extremely happy with the finished product here.  It is a much, much better story, with far better characters than thee original version.  Reading the original, it feels kind of soulless, but this one feels so much more alive, and meaningful to me.  Hopefully I can get a publisher to agree on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment