Friday, November 2, 2018

NaNo Day 2: The slightly further along than day 1ening

So NaNo is happening, and I'm working on Shadows of What Might Have Been, book 2 to Memories of What Never Was.  Thanks to next week's election I've been completely buried at work this week, and haven't been able to get home with much time to spend writing.  Hopefully that will change after Tuesday next week.  But I am still overachieving a bit by NaNo standards.  You're supposed to get at least 1667 words per day to hit the 50k by the end of the month, and I've gotten a little over 3000 these first two days.  Also, this story is a little more complex than the ones I usually write, which takes a bit more time to write, so not only do I have less time this year to write in (so far) I'm also writing slower because there's a lot more elements that have to go into the story.  It's all good though.  I'm still way ahead of the goal for day 2 with 6086 words.  To be honest, though, I doubt I can finish the first draft of this book in 50k words.  I already had 45k written, but I think this one is going to end up somewhere between 150k and 170k when it's done.  Anyway, expect more pointless posts this month about me saying how awesome I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment