Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spires of Infinity Chapter 35

I've finished the first draft of Spires of Infinity Chapter 35 and you can download it at the bottom of this page.

In this chapter our heroes are questioned by the soldiers at the Spires of Infinity, and thanks to a certain talking cat manage to escape.

In this chapter I also show a smaller, much more contained time paradox in that the scientists invent the NVM technology by reverse engineering the nano machines found in Sam's blood. In essence she came back in time with NVM, and they learned how to make it from her, so that she could get it in the future, and come back so they could learn how to make it from her. I like tossing in weird little things like that that make people stop and think for a minute about the implications, without actually sitting down and spelling out all of the implications to them.

The first draft of this story is now at 125,146 words out of an estimated 150,000. Again, I've raised my estimate for the length of this story, because it just isn't going to be finished in another ten thousand words. That's about three chapters worth and there's no way this book is ending in three chapters. I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to wrap it up around 150k though. Maybe 160 at the most, but not much more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment