Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Spires of Infinity Chapter 27

Ok, so I lied. Revisions to my outline took about a day, rather than a week, so here I am back to writing, much sooner than I thought I'd be. I've finisehd the first draft of chapter twenty seven of Spire of Infinity and it can be downloaded at the bottom of this page

In this chapter Gabriel and Sam reach the Spires of Infinity at last. Gabriel's sins are starting to weigh down on him, and he has come to realize how wrong he'd been in his previous life. Now he can clearly see what a scumbag he is, and how stained his hands, and his soul, are with blood.

Sam, on the other hand, is pissed at him for wanting to leave her and her world behind like a coward after he showed her such extreme bravery while rescuing her.

Neither of them wants to argue, but neither of them really knows how best to get their points across to the other without offending.

The first draft of this story is now at 96,065 words out of an estimated 120,000. It's now looking to me that I'm almost assuredly going to go over the 120k mark.

I'm getting close to the end. I always tend to write much faster when I reach the climax of a book. I expect I may be finished with the first draft within the next two weeks or so. After that I plan to begin revisions on Exile before returning to do revisions on Spires. And when all of that is finished, who knows, probably revisions on Ark of Zarathustra (it probably needs them more than anything else I have on my plate right now, but it'll take much longer and require a lot more work than the other, shorter stories)

No comments:

Post a Comment