Monday, April 16, 2012

The Eternal Chain: Chapter 9 - Draft 1

I've posted chapter 9 of The Eternal Chain and it can be found at the bottom of This page.

This is a looooooooong chapter, and honestly I didn't mean it to be this long, but when I started writing, there were so many opportunities to showcase who Kriss is as a character that I couldn't pass them up. Also, this is the chapter where a lot of what the characters are facing in this story is revealed. Also with this chapter I've hit the 50,000 word mark, which is 1/3 of my target with this book. I think I'm pretty close to being on track for not going much over that, which is good. I do tend to have a problem with writing stories of a reasonable length.

This story follows a basic three act structure, and the end of the first act is the next chapter, so I'm doing pretty good on my word count goal.

I've been told that I am not very good that the psychological side of tormenting my characters. Hopefully I've improved upon that lack, because this chapter has quite a bit of that sort of thing in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment