Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Eternal Chain Chapter 5 First Draft

I've finished chapter 5 of The Eternal Chain, which is a complete rewrite of my earlier story Beyond the Lost Horizon, and it can be downloaded at the bottom of this page.

This is a reaaaaally long chapter, It's told from Kriss' point of view. This chater basically tells the backstory that explains why Raven and Kriss are running for their lives and trying to find and recruit Brand. There's really not much to say about it, except that it's a pretty large bit of exposition that fills in character motives and starts off some character relationships. I tried to fill in the back story in such a way that doesn't feel like I'm just dumping it all on you, one of the biggest mistakes a writer can make is to just dump all the info about the world and everything in a huge lump. That was one of hte biggest problems with Beyond the Lost Horizon. I think I'm doing a lot better with it this time around.

Anyway, enjoy =)

No comments:

Post a Comment