Friday, April 1, 2011

Spires of Infinity Second Draft Completed BWAAHAAHAA!!!

I've finished the second draft of Spires of Infinity and the last 7 chapters, as well as the entire manuscript in a single file can be downloaded at the bottom of this page.

I have to say that finishing a second draft in 5 weeks is a new record for me, but it shouldn't be so much of a surprise, seeing as how it only took me 3 months to write the first draft.

The second draft is basically the completed final draft of this book. The only further changes I'm going to make are grammatical and punctuational. It should only take me a week or two to finish that draft, and I plan to begin a week from monday, as I REALLY need some time off to let my brain recuperate from being put to so much use over the last month.

As with earlier parts of Kari's storyline I've changed her climax to reflect her new internal struggle, and I have to say that it's a lot better this way. And I changed the climax of Gabriel and the Apostle as well, bringing in teh truth of what happened to Gabriel's father, as well as Gabriel coming to the realization of why he, of all people, was chosen by the Northern Sage. I've also cut out a lot of continuity errors, mostly having to do with the time travel. Time travel can be a confusing thing if you don't have it completely planned out perfectly, and I aparently didn't have it planned out quite so well as I thought I did. That's all been cleared up and fixed now.

The first draft of Spires of Infinity was 166,888 words long
The Second draft finished at 134,835 words.
That's a difference of 32,053 words.


My goal was to finish below 135,000 words and I barely made it ^^V.

No comments:

Post a Comment