Wednesday, January 10, 2018

And done. Whoohoo!!!

I finished my first draft of my rewrite of Spires of Infinity today, and if you feel the great urge to read it, you can find it at the bottom of this page.

I've left the final draft of the original version of this story up, but if you plan to read it, I would definitely prefer that you read the new version.  Though it is only a first draft, and has much editing work left before it is complete, I still feel that it is far superior to the original version.  About 90% of the text has been completely rewritten from scratch.  Very little of the original text made it into the new version. The new version ended up just under 100,000 words, which is almost 30% down from the original version's 140,000 .  There was a lot of crap in that book that really didn't need to be there.  I cut it out, and added in character and world development in its place.  I'm, personally, pretty happy with how it all turned out, and now I've got two books in dire need of editing instead of one.  Hurray.  If you couldn't tell, editing is not my favorite thing in the universe to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment