Thursday, November 1, 2012

And so it begins...

Captain's Log, Stardate 11011.2

The 2012 NaNoWriMo has begun, and I have entered myself in the competition with my young adult thriller by the name of I Am Nobody.  I have purposely left this story alone, only completing the Prologue, for the purpose of using it for this year's NaNo.

Captain's Log, Supplemental

OMFG I JUST WROTE 7000 WORDS IN FIVE HOURS, MY BRAIN IS GOING TO FREAKING MELT!!!

So, anyway, I'm participating in this year's NaNoWriMo with my story I Am Nobody, which I've been saving for this purpose because it's a lot simpler and hopefully easier to write than the other stuff I've been working on lately.  The concept behind NaNo is simple.  Writers the world over will take this month and write a book in it, to push themselves into getting something started, with the ultimate goal of getting it published.  50,000 words in a single month.  Those that complete their 50,000 words are entered in a drawing for prizes, etc, things such as a featured ad on the amazon kindle page and other such things.  Winning is a good way to draw the attention of literary agents and publishers, as well as giving a chance to get it out to the public.

Sooooo, this month I'm going to be writing as quickly as I can, hoping to finish the entire first draft of I Am Nobody before December.  You can follow my progress here on my blog, or on the I Am Nobody homepage and read the chapters that I have completed there as well.

Current progress: 6910 words, 3 chapters.

I am not counting the prologue, which I wrote last year and does not count because it wasn't written during the time of the competition.


No comments:

Post a Comment