Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Book Review: The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss

I've posted a review of The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss if you feel the great urge to read it.

I posted a review on the second book to this one long, long ago, which led to me having some rather nasty dealings with Rothfuss, which lowered my opinion of him as a human being substantially.  Part of the reason I hated that second book so much was because this book was so good.  The comparison between the two only makes the second one stand out even more as one of the worst, most insulting, demeaning, and disappointing books I've ever read.  Check this one out for an example of truly exemplary writing, and fantasy worldbuilding, but skip the second one.  It was utterly pointless and did not advance the plot or characters a single bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment