Saturday, July 17, 2010

Booooooooo!!!

Welp, I got some bad news from my agent last night. After great deliberation on their part**, or so they say, Swanson Publishing has decided to pass on Beyond the Lost Horizon. The deciding factor for them was that I am a previously unpublished author and wouldn't have the drawing power of a more established writer. They encouraged me to come back with BTLH if ever I get a few other books out there and the sci-fi/fantasy community is at least partially familliar with my name.

So after a long string of expletives, the strangling of several puppies**, the punching of a basket full of kittens**, and the dismemberment of cute, cuddly bunnies** I decided to, as previously stated, post it for sale on Amazon through Kindle independantly until I can find a publisher willing to take a chance on a new writer. I had to make a really really ghetto cover for it, it's kinda laughable and very obviously photoshopped, but whatever.

I've posted it for the price of $3.00, so if you feel the great urge to buy it and support my rather pathetic, as of yet, writing career it would be much appreciated. Tell your friends, and family, and enemies, and strangers on the street, and coworkers, and other such peoples. Kindle e-books can be read on your computer, ipod, iphone, ipad, blackberry, droid, and of course, the Kindle tablet.

Beyond the Lost Horizon E-book

**May not have actually happened

2 comments:

  1. Bastards! They don't know what they're doing..
    Cool that you're putting it out yourself though..
    I still believe the best stuff starts out underground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo Eric! They'll come around....and props to you for making it happen!

    ReplyDelete